Cat got your tongue? No worries. The full moon in Sagittarius creates a platform for us to tell it like it is, express ourselves fully, and honor our voice. Easing into this energy is best to tame the ego that could ride the wave of the Sag full moon and present the unattainable desire of always being right. Embrace varying perspectives while verbalizing your own so you don’t come off as pretentious or arrogant.
The full moon is a time to shed what no longer serves you. During this full moon, it’s a good idea to examine the things in your life that make you feel trapped. Sagittarius is all about freedom, so allow the blocks in your life to fall away and be free. Speak up for yourself, set boundaries, and acknowledge the fact that “No.” is a complete sentence.
Sag is a fire sign that brings deep wisdom and compassion. Fire is an element that can transmute things from what they once were into something completely different. Since Sag is a mutable sign, which means Sagittarians are adaptable, flexible, and communicative, this sign can easily ride the waves of change and often inspire it as we enter a new season.
When Is the Full Moon in Sagittarius?
The full moon in Sagittarius peaks on June 3 at 11:41 p.m. ET. Stargazers can expect to see our beautifully luminous lunar companion shining bright the evening before and after its peak.
What Does the 2023 Full Moon in Sagittarius Mean?
Several Native American tribes referred to this moon as the strawberry moon to represent the harvest season for strawberries. As sweet as that is, Sagittarians are a bit more intense, exploring and discovering things in the deepest parts of ourselves many hesitate to navigate. This warrior spirit is evident in the archer that symbolizes this fire sign. The half-man, half-horse centaur amplifies the bold spirit of this sign, which not only thirsts for knowledge and exploration but also inspires others to freely be themselves in all their unique glory.
Ruled by Jupiter, the planet of abundance, Sagittarius wants it all and doesn’t hesitate to go out and get it. Sags will stop at nothing to achieve their goals, which means there may be some hurt feelings along the way. It’s a good idea to keep this in check so there are no misunderstandings, and the compassionate spirit of Sag can thrive by accomplishing great things and then tapping into their natural storyteller within to inspire greatness in others.
What Is the Spirit-Cleansing Prayer to Say For June’s Full Moon in Sagittarius?
Dear God, I pray that I can speak my truth and I am heard and respected for it. I will no longer quiet my own voice to appease another. My words have meaning and I know that my intelligence, compassion, and resilient nature will shine through what I say and how I move. Be my guide and show me the way. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. So be it.
Which Tarot Card Goes Well With the Full Moon in Sagittarius?
Temperance: This tarot card is associated with Sagittarius and symbolizes the need for balance and moderation.
What Chakra Goes Well With the Full Moon in Sagittarius?
Solar Plexus: While Sagittarius gives way to expression, the energy vortex that symbolizes our self-worth, confidence, assertiveness, and ability to make decisions is most closely associated with this fire sign.
Spirit-Cleansing Limpia Recipe For the Full Moon in Sagittarius
– Palo santo and sage
– Epsom salt and sea salt
– Turquoise, amethyst, sodalite, and/or citrine crystals
– Carnation flowers
– Tea tree, orange, vetiver, pine, and/or patchouli essential oils
– Basil, sage, saffron, and/or dandelion herbs
– Yellow candle
1. Begin by lighting a yellow candle and placing it in the room where you will prepare your limpia.
2. Place a crystal or two near the candle.
3. On a piece of paper, write down a few things you’d like to let go of or shed during the Sag full moon, then place it under the candle.
4. Begin preparing your limpia by bringing a big pot of water to a boil, then lower it to a simmer.
5. Once it’s simmering, add a few handfuls of herbs, one cup of epsom salt, 1/2 cup of sea salt, several drops of essential oils, and two to three good splashes of Florida Water.
6. Allow your limpia to simmer for 10 minutes before removing it from the heat and allowing it to cool down to your liking.
7. Drain your limpia into a large bowl.
8. Burn some sage and allow the smoke to waft over the bowl and all around you. Do the same with the palo santo.
9. Pray, sing, dance, and communicate with spirit every step of the way as you prepare.
10. Once your limpia is ready, take the piece of paper you placed under your candle and allow the candle flame to burn it. Please use extreme caution when working with fire.
11. Have a cool cup or bowl of water close by to catch the burned paper as it falls. You can then dump this water outside or flush it down the toilet. Give thanks for letting go of what no longer serves you.
12. Take your bowl into the shower, or if you have a private outside space to do the limpia, that’s great too!
13. Gently pour the limpia over your body and set your intentions for the Sagittarius full moon.
14. Afterward, allow yourself to air-dry if you can or lightly dab yourself with a white towel.
15. Journal, pray, meditate, sing, and open yourself up to the shifts the full moons provide. Enjoy!
Image Source: Getty Images/ Lilly Roadstones